Tuesday, February 1, 2022
They said 'Like Father Like Son'. There is probably why a reason Tobias is named as Tobias. Because he is Toby's son and he looks like his dad. Look at that uncanny resemblance in his face and behaviour:
Friday, January 28, 2022
Toby, also called many times as Tobiko (nickname) or Toby-ness (his highness, the owners are at his mercy), is one very chilled and laid back hamster. I would say he is the most obedient and intelligent hamster we have so far.
We first saw him at the petshop alone in a big tank going about minding his own business. It was so nice to look at him at about 6 weeks old smartly taking care of himself. And so, we decided to take him home. The shop assistant initially put him back because she thought we were afraid when he started shrieking. She told us he was separated from the pack because he fought with the rest. But we saw a timid hammie who is startled from the commotion.
We still remember how he leaped like a frog when we tried to touch him. =D
Fast forward to many months later, this small little fella grew to 75g. Toby is the only one we are confident to leave him outside to free roam even when we were not home. And honestly, he behaves. =) Now, it is our time to get startled by him as occasionally he will pops beside our toes (Toby bit co-owner's toe because his legs were blocking his path, lol).
Sometimes he goes back to his cage on his own. Sometimes, we really have to pull him home because it is already 12 midnight.
Initially afraid of human touch, Toby now likes to be massaged. And he can communicate his intentions clearly, like asking for food or request to go home. Lol.
How long has it been since we have our own hamster family? A decade or more ago when Chiko and Naughty gave us generations of wonders.
So when Toby and Hebe gave us babies, we are thrilled to be grandparents again. (^^)v
*swipe dust off Hamsty's blog*
I decided to document them in this blog. Last post was with Boy Boy aka Spike and most of the content were in Instagram. It is easier to do shorts instead of long posts. But, one day we realized when I showed co-owner one of the posts from here, we realized our memories with our loved pets are kept alive here.
I want to keep Toby and his family here too. As well as to recap the hammies who were over the Rainbow Bridge: Girl Girl, Frappe, Social, and Stun.
So here are the babies with mum Hebe. Hebe is the one at the top right. Beside her, that small little runt which is of fairer coat: that's Yoda. The one of the most bottom left: that's probably Bebe. The two in between could be Tobias and Phoebe (but these 2 are hard to identify).
Friday, January 26, 2018
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
And most of the time, he is asleep. >.<'
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
|"Where am I??"|
Thursday, January 18, 2018
- The most atheletic hamster. She didn't use the stairs in her cage. Rather, she climbed up the grills to her upper deck or monkey-bar from one end to another. She received her treats while hanging with two paws from the top of her cage. Amazing eh.
- Unbelievable feat: She actually ate her treats while hanging on the top of her cage with one paw (the other grabbed the food) while her legs were dangling freely in the air. (o.O)
- 10/10 cleanliness. It was amazing we did not need to change her beddings for months because it remained very clean. She had designated areas to throw leftover and probably a toilet area hidden somewhere that was never wet or stinky.
- She never peed or pooped while she was out playing on the bed or outside her cage.
- She never once bite us!
- She didn't throw tantrums or constantly bugged us. (^^)v
- Never fussy about food. Her favourite was cheese though.